photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Lunch with my skinny friends.

So, do you guys remember a year ago, when I had lunch with three of my oldest friends?  

In that post I complained that I was always the heavy one and I vowed that when I saw them again in November I would not be the heavy one.

HA!  When I saw them again in November at Kristi's wedding, I was 4 months pregnant with Rebecca and was more gigantic than ever.

We met for lunch this past Sunday and once again, I am the heaviest one in the picture.

I'm 20 plus pounds heavier now than I was last year when I was complaining about being the heavy one.  Of course, those 20 plus pounds are part of the 60 I gained during my pregnancy and I'm trying not to beat myself up, but it's still a little disheartening.

I want to share this year's picture of  us at lunch because first of all, I love these girls (even if they are always skinnier than I am), and second of all, I want to be able to refer to this post in a year when I have lost these stupid 20 pounds! It's probably going to take me every bit of a year but  I'm going to do it!


I started running 4 weeks ago and in that time I've lost about 3 pounds and I've worked my way up to 3.1 miles each run.  BUT - it was taking me 50 minutes to run a 5k.  That's slow.  Very slow.  I know people that can walk three miles faster than that.  Seriously, I do.

Last Wednesday morning I decided that instead of going out for a run (or really a walk based on my time) I was going to go back to my old school weight loss method and do the 30 Day Shred. I've done it 6 times now and I remember why I love it so much.

In just 25 minutes, (and for those counting, that's half the time it takes me to run 3.1 miles) I am getting a good all over workout.  It combines strength training with cardio and according to Jillian, that's the fastest way to burn fat and build lean muscle. 

After the Shred, I feel like I've burned more calories and used more muscles than after a run.  I'm going to keep doing the Shred through the rest of the summer and see where I am after that. 

20 pounds in one year?  I think that's doable! 

9 comments:

jennwa said...

I think you are beautiful !!! And is anyone is going to get the weight off, it is you. Not over night as we all wish it would but it will come off.
And maybe not hanging out at the pool with me eating chips and ice cream would help. Maybe that is why I am not one of your "skinny" friends :) Would not have it any other way. LOVE YA !!!!!!

Colleen said...

Beth, I think you look so good. Honestly. Just look at a picture of yourself at 9 months pregnant and then the one with your friends - amazing!!!

Amelia Bentrup said...

You look great...and you really need to stop comparing yourself to other women. You are beautfiul....it doesn't matter if everyone else is skinnier than you or not..you are just the way you sre supposed to be! I've been in situations where I was the heaviest woman in the room and situations where I was the skinniest. Comparision really is the thief of joy..remember?! (YOU told me that!)

That said..I definitely agree that the Shred is way better at fitness than just running. I don't have the Shred, but I've been using a website called fitnessblender. com (It's free) and has a ton of different workouts to choose from..lots of HIIT and core stuff, strength training, etc. Doing a 25 minute workout there is way more effective than doing like a 50 minute run (at least the way I run...which is slooow).

Unknown said...

Oh the dreaded post-baby weight loss issue. I'm FINALLY a few pounds from goal and will celebrate a year of getting back in the gym and getting my diet right next week. It's a pain, but so worth it. Keep up the good work!

Busy Bee Suz said...

And....Jillians workout is easier on your joints too. :)
A lovely picture of FOUR beautiful women. XOXO

Madeline said...

Just be sure to hit mute on The Shred because her voice gets old fast!

DeNae said...

I am glad you posted this picture. First, you look wonderful and so happy! So many times we hide from pictures because we don't like how we look. You are beautiful and you are surrounded by people you love and who love you and that's saying something! Keep up the great work. Moving and eating right are the way to go!

Kelli said...

Oh Beth I think you look beautiful. I always have such a hard time with the post baby weight....I still have some left 6 years later.

Kathleen said...

I think you look fantastic! For reals!